Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Anya's Hat

Sally fell in love with the sweet little beret-style hat that her friend's daughter, Anya, was wearing, so we decided to design our own version of the hat. We added our pleated skirt to the pattern, and because we are mad for Moda's Preppy Plaid fabric collection, we used the plaids to showcase our outfits for the pattern fronts. My son, Jesse, took the photos for us on a beautiful fall day. 

This is 3-year old Gabby in her hat. What a charmer!


              This was the first time Gabby modeled for us, and we were so happy
with the great shots we got of her.


This is 6-year old Cadence in her hat. Love her hair!


Cadence has modeled several times for us, and has become quite the little pro. Her cat came walking by as we were wrapping up, so we took one last shot of her before the cat decided that she was out of there. I love this shot!
Our patterns should be ready and on our web site in about 10 days. We'll show you the pattern covers then.

Talk later,
Susan
  

5 comments:

Marie said...

So cute! Makes me even happier that I have 3 grand-daughters to sew for. And what beautiful models!

Sally Vannoy said...

Beautiful. I love the photo of Cadencee with her cat! Can't wait for the pattern

Carol said...

Love your blog! The pictures of all the kids are adorable, and the ant pincushion is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love the site and the fact that you are an animal lover. I have a ggrandson I enjoy sewing for.

mmi said...

Go MawBell! Love your skirt and tam! Can't wait til my new 3.5 month old granddaughter grows up to fit into one! I even have some McDougal tartan to make it up in! Keep up the great work!
Martha I.